Job Title: Retentions & Sales Officer
Hours: Full Time Permanent Contract
Location: Birmingham, UK
Responsible to: Operations Manager
One Ummah is a faith-based international relief and development agency working in over fifteen countries worldwide on programmes such as water and sanitation, food, education, orphans support, healthcare, shelter, income generation and emergency disaster relief. We aim to put the true light of Islam in practice by tackling poverty, changing lives and answering the calls of those in need while bringing joy, dignity and honour back to our brothers and sisters in humanity around the world.
One Ummah is recruiting for an experienced Retention Officer who will take lead on the retention and acquisition of donors. The Retentions Officer will be responsible for the overall retention plan, management and execution of activities within One Ummah. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with sales experience who enjoys working within a target-driven, fast paced team environment.
The Retentions Officer’s objective will be to ensure high quality, consistent, timely communication and feedback between One Ummah and its donors, partners and supporters. He/she will implement activities to further this objective. This will involve the delivery of cross-channel, high level, impactful feedback campaigns that will drive engagement and retention for One Ummah. He/she will engage all colleagues, staff, contractors and departments to bring about effective and efficient results.
Fundraising and Marketing Department
CEO, Operations Manager (OM), Programmes Manager, Fundraising Manager and Feedback Officer.
Scope & Authority:
• Overall responsibility of the retentions management and strategy.
• Capturing failed donations.
• Effective execution of the retentions strategy as discussed and agreed by the CEO.
• Overall responsibility of sales and the acquisition of donors via telephone and email.
• Management and delivery of donor feedback for one-off programmes.
• General programmes feedback across all platforms.
• Overall responsibility of direct sales management and strategy.
• Analyse customer data, trends and popular funds.
• To contact donors and capture failed donations.
• Analyse and regularly review subscription drop off rates.
• Record and maintain accurate records of donor drop off and retention rates.
• Create specific data sets for the purpose of communications and targeting.
• Develop and implement a feedback strategy to retain existing donors.
• Create a timeline of feedback cycles for general one-off and monthly donors.
• Create a plan of activities to increase donor retention.
• Liaise with the programmes team to acquire media for individual data sets.
• Collate data, media and programmes reporting to create feedback packages.
• Deliver high level and effective feedback to donors in a timely manner.
• Provide feedback via email and post to donors relative to each data set.
• Find new channels to promote One Ummah and maximise the usage of cost free platforms.
• Provide generic programmes feedback across platforms, with key highlights and snapshots of events on a monthly basis.
• Provide accurate information in regards to One Ummah products and services to ensure consistency across the organisation and its platforms.
• Provide a reliable and trustworthy donor experience.
• Liaise with high-net donors and manage relationships with them.
• Liaise with programmes and fundraising team to maintain flow of communication.
• Answer inbound/outbound calls from both new and existing donors.
• Upsell One Ummah products and services to new and existing donors.
• Carry out all aspects of the role in line with current One Ummah policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitate the delivery of wider departmental and organisational goals through your role.
• Manage activities and processes within set budgets and timescales.
• Any other task as deemed appropriate by the CEO and OM within the scope of the role.
PERSON SPECIFICATION E = Essential D = Desirable
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary technical skills and experience.
• Valid UK Driving Licence (E)
• Educated to University Level (D)
• Experience of working in the UK charity sector (D)
• Communicating directly with customers/clients and providing a high quality customer service experience (E)
• Proficient in Excel and Word (E)
• Experience managing multiple tasks and ability to prioritise effectively (E)
• Working with a customer relation management system to deliver key reports and manage data (D)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota over telephone (E)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (E)
• Cool tempered/well mannered and able to handle rejection/objections (E)
• Experience managing a team and working effectively in a team (D)
• Quick learner (D)
• Good influencing and negotiating skills (D)
• Effective problem solver who works well under pressure (D)
• Commitment to One Ummah’s vision and values (E)
• Commitment to One Ummah’s ethos (E)
• Understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam (E)
• Commitment to community and social development values (E)
• Commitment to One Ummah’s policies and procedures (E)
Apply directly here let them know Barakah Jobs sent you: